Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Conversation Session~!

Last Monday I had a conversation session with Henry. It was my fist time with Henry. I went to Mac Laughlin building to meet him. I think other places to meet conversation partner are better than Nexus for me. While I stay at Nexus, so many students come and go around Nexus. It disturbs me. I wanted some independent place to talk with a conversation partner. Although Mac Laughlin building is not close to my classroom compared to Nexus, I like the other place.

Because he is Chinese, he can distinguish from Asians, so he said to me that you were Korean. I have met him before. I had an event to wait for my conversation partner for almost 20 minutes. At that time I saw him and asked what's going on him, but I thought that he couldn't remember me because he had met many students at Yueli and he saw me for a short time. Anyway he could remember me. His age was same like me, so I could feel friendly with him. Actually it's Korean culture to think about age.

One of topics that we talked was about his previous co-worker who was female Korean. Oneday she brought a Korean rice cake. ( We have many kinds of rice cakes.) When he saw that cake, he expected it's sweat, but that's not sweat. He said that there was no taste. He couldn't recognize a real taste!! That's too bad. Another co-worker who was famale black thought it's a chocolate cake because the colour of that rice cake was brown. When she ate it, she was surprised at taste that was different from she expected. Because I knew how the taste was and what shape was, the story was funny for me. hahać…”
Anyway I enjoyed talking with him.

No comments: