Sunday, January 21, 2007

First impression of York Univ.

Hi, everubody!!

Yueli is my third school in Canada. When I decided to do to this school, I was wondering what
atmosphere this school was. I thought that it's different from university where was in Korea.
The most surprising thing was that many students sat down on the floor and was using their
laptop or chatting with friends or reading a book. In my university, many students study or read books in the library. They use their laptop in the empty lecture room. When they chat with
friends, they go to a coffee shop or just stay on the hallway. No body sits down on the floor.


Another different point is that there is a pub in the school. I was really surprised at seeing
students who were drinking alcohol in the pub. When they were drinking, they smoked a
cigarette outside. The place where they were drinking was in front of the pub. But it's a rare
scene in Toronto. In my case, I can drink alcohol in some places of my university, but I cannot
buy alcohol in the school. I thought the law about alcohol was really strict in Ontario province. So that's why I was surprised.


The other is about location that is so far from downtown. It's not a hotspot near York
uviversity. There is no shopping malls, a lot of restaurants and so on around this school. On the
contrary, there are usually many stores, restaurants and pubs around university. Many stores
come into being around the schools in Korea.


I'm going to join the lecture in York on the next week. I'll be able to know about university life
at York and I hope that.

See you~Bye!!

1 comment:

DEREK said...

everubody~!! no way~!!

everybody~!! do i make a sense?

don't be angry~!! see you~!!